Monday, November 3, 2008

Sleepy

I sure do look sleepy in this picture taken by a guest here at The Craftsman B&B. I was hanging out on the sun deck (click and drag for a 360º view, and can you find me in the picture?) as the guests were getting ready for their day out. I needed to get my ears cleaned and I think I got a "mickey" in my breakfast.

So this photo is a unique effect, no Photoshop.  Our guest has this slick lens, I'm not a professional photographer, but Mike worked in a photo studio for years, so I do know a little bit.  This lens lets you change the plane of the lens board.  Most cameras have the lens parallel to the film board, that give you distortion free shots.  This lens allows you to move the plane of the lens to get all sorts of effects but this one blurs the edges of the photo.

Remember the old style cameras with the photographer under the hood and the big bellows?  This lens lets the photographer pull off the same type of shots as those cameras.  Pretty cool!

Here is a picture of my feet.


Thanks to our guest Reid, for sharing the photo. If you have photos of me, our your trip to Pacific City and The Craftsman B&B, send me a link and I'll publish them on the blog. You can also upload photos to TripAdvisor here.

No comments: