Sunday, November 23, 2008

Laura made a cake!


Laura made a cake yesterday to celebrate Mike's parents birthdays and arriving at The Craftsman B&B. They are visiting for Thanksgiving, 11 days total.

So back to the cake. She saw it on the cover of Sunset magazine last fall and wanted to make it ever scence. She thought it would be too rich for dessert for Thanksgiving, so any fall celebration would work, just when could she do it? She finally found the chance to make it and pulled it off wonderfully!

The Spice cake with Toffee Crunch recipie is here.

It took a few days.  Day one, she made the toffee.  She left out the espresso as Mike hates the flavor of coffee, and the smell, yeah I know, he runs a B&B and doesn't like coffee.  Day two was cake day.  Three cakes and after they cooled, Mike sliced each in half to get the six layers.  Day three was frosting and assembly.  Oh yeah, they also started eating it.  Day four, they ate some more of it.

Our guests took pictures of it on there way out to dinner, so we cut them slices when they returned.  Pretty darn good is what I heard.  I didn't get any but that's OK, I like a cookie stuffed in my Kong, I need a project and that's a tasty one for me.  Mike, the baker of the family was impressed, so try it yourself, a perfect Fall cake.

No comments: