Monday, December 15, 2008

Thanksgiving recap


Again, it has been a long time from my last post.

Thanksgiving dinner here at The Craftsman B&B was a great success.  We had 19 people for dinner.  Mikes parents were here, as I mention in my last blog and my human parents were here too.  The original Mike and Laura.  They don't have any new weimaraner pups but they did bring their human puppy, Matthew.  He was a lot of fun, until he grabbed me a little to hard and I quickly turned around and let him know that was to much.  A few tears and all was fine again.  Too much excitement in my old age.  Matthew also discovered my secret passage, that's him in the picture, coming into the dining room.

Laura's family all made the trek and her brother-in-law deep fried a few turkeys and Laura put one in the oven too.  Laura had complete control of the cooking and her sister helped before serving with mashing the spuds.

Dinner started with champagne and the traditional mushroom soup.  The usual Thanksgiving fare and dessert too.

After dinner, all gathered around to play on the wii.  I don't like that too much.  You see, I like to be with Mike at all times, and when he is jumping around in front of the TV, I try to watch, but I get in the way.  That's OK, they know I'm there and someone will pay attention to me.  Mike lost his boxing match even though he knocked down Sean twice.  Mike's bowling was a little off as well, but as a gracious host, he "let" the others win.

No comments: