Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day is today

What are you doing for Earth Day 2009?

How about plan your next vacation and do it green. Here at The Craftsman B&B, you can purchase Green-e certified renewable energy certificates, Green Tags, to help offset the carbon footprint of your travel. A $1.00 Green Tag equals 24 Kilowatt/hours of wind energy and prevents 33.6 pounds of greenhouse gas emissions. Sustainable Travel International is providing U.S.-based Green Tags from the portfolio of activities managed by the Bonneville Environmental Foundation.

As I mentioned a few blogs ago, for Earth Day try to do something. A walk in a park, whatever. Make a decision to think about our impact on this planet. Me, I plan on hanging out in the yard and watch Mike doing his chores and keep watch on the neighbor hood. Maybe I'll eat some grass, it's really good this time of year.



The house finches are back in Pacific City, so I'll watch them flying around the yard. They are too fast for me to catch, but are real busy this year. As most of you know, the NW and the Oregon Coast is prime ground for moss and lichen. The window in the pantry is across from an apple tree. Mike has a great views from his desk. Anyway, the finches come up to the window, land on the sill and tap on the glass. They are eating what ever is growing at the base of the window. It's very entertaining to watch. I lay on my rug and they are only a few feet away from me. Hey that's a good reason to not clean the windows, we are feeding the birds.

No comments: