Monday, April 13, 2009

It's all about me!

Well, I have been asked a lot lately on how I have been doing. I'm glad to report that I'm doing great! I have reduced my pain pills to one dose a day and have become an expert hopper. I don't like the taste of the pills, so Mike puts them in peanut butter inside a bone. I am getting pretty good and finding the pills and will spit them out about 10% of the time. I don't get to go on many walks because I can't go too far. So the bank is about as far as I go. I don't go to Twist because the floors there are too slick for me. I also have a hard time turning right, as it's my left rear leg that I don't use.

Playing in the yard has become the latest activity for me, just like when I was a puppy. Mike takes me out every day and I fetch a found tennis ball for a few minutes. I still go around and mark everything in sight, or should I say, smell. I have to patrol the yard counter clockwise as I can only lift the left leg to do my thing.

I am no longer allowed to help the guests check into their rooms. The main staircase is all wood and too many steps. I have had a few failed attempts, and I had a successful trip up the stairs last week. Mike got mad at me, so now I just wait at the bottom on the stairs, laying on the rose inlay in the floor.

So don't feel too sorry for me, I did catch a cat last week. I was out on patrol in the yard and spotted a cat, I chased it up on to the deck and it was on the railing. I just want to be friends, but I don't think the cats around here understand that. This cat was hissing at me when I tried to smell it. Then Mike came out and sent me off the deck to chill by the greenhouse. He went over to rescue the cat, but it ran into the corner of the fence, thinking it could squeeze out, probably the way it got in to the yard. Well the stress the cat was in clouded it's judgement and I had to find out what all the fuss was, so I ran up to the cat and pinned it to the ground with my front foot. I have done this before and I must say, I am getting quite good at it. I only got a few whiffs in before Mike told me to leave it and this time the cat had enough adrenaline to hop to the top of the fence. I haven't seen it again!

So life here at The Craftsman B&B in Pacific City is pretty good for me. I have slowed down a bit, but still able to get to roam the yard and hop up onto the couch.

2 comments:

orshadow said...

Oscar,

Glad to know you're doing well!

Kim said...

Hi Oscar glad to hear you are feeling better. We have missed seeing you and of course rubbing your back side!! Sounds like Mike and Laura are taking good care of you. We will try to come see you and Mike and Laura soon. Try to stay out of trouble and be gentle with your cat friends. Kim&Steve