Thursday, February 11, 2010

In Box Surprise!

We have returned from our vacation only to find 256 e-mails waiting to be answered. Over the 2 weeks we were sailing in the Caribbean, I checked my e-mail at Internet cafes, just for reservations. I replied to those and added them to my calender, 20 bookings!

I have spent the last few days sorting all the e-mail and opening them by groups that send me e-mail, The Oregon Bed & Breakfast Guild and our local Chamber of Commerce got first attention as I am on the Board of Directors. Yesterday I was caught up and then today I got an e-mail from LanierBB.com titled "Congratulations on your LanierBB.com Award!"

A while back The Craftsman B&B won Best of the West from BedandBreakfast.com so another award sure was nice to hear about. The BedandBreakfast.com award was about our service and reviews. This award from Lanier is about the Best Period Restoration in their Guests’ Greatest Picks Award program out of 8,500 B&B’s world wide!

We spent 2 years restoring this house and it was a lot of work. We love our house and the Craftsman style. We spent so much time deciding how the B&B would look and researched endlessly to be accurate with our furnishings and fixtures. Our goal was for the guest to open the door to 1921. Everything you see in the house would have been in a house of this era.

It's gratifying to see that not only is our service award worthy, but also the work we did to make the Craftsman B&B a special place for our guests too.

No comments: