Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks at the Beach

Fireworks at the beach? Why is that a question you may ask. Well, in the past, I haven't done very well with fireworks. The booms are too much for me. So a few years ago, I started to take doggie downers on the Fourth, to mellow me out.

Well this year, it was all wrong. First of all, I am older and don't eat as much as I used to. I am not as active as I used to be, on 3 legs and all. So I got my pill in peanut butter stuffed into a bone. I ate it. I fall for that trick every time. Then the plan was for me to eat my dinner. More food, more better. Well, as I am stubburn, I didn't eat my dinner and then, Wham! The drugs kicked in. I paniced and made a run to my safe spot by the front door. I didn't make it, those floors are slick. Mike and Laura moved me to my spot and I stayed there until after breakfast this morning, 17 hours later.

I decided to go outside and let the sun set me right. Mike brought out my breakfast, last night dinner, and some water. I was hungry, so I ate it and I even got another scoop of food. I'll save that for later.

I will recover today, but that was a real knock out. Next time, how about half a pill.

So what did I miss? Nothing! It was a hot day in the Willamette Valley, that draws the fog inland. So about 9:00 p.m. last night, we were in pea soup fog. We could hear the booms, but not see the fireworks in the sky. Laura even stayed up past her normal bedtime to watch.

Oh well, we had a full house here at The Craftsman B&B and every enjoyed their stay. Out on the beach, they were able to see the show, our deck, not so much.

No comments: