Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just say no to Plastic Water Bottles

I love plastic water bottles. I like to chew on them until the top comes off and then I'm told to leave it. Well now at The Craftsman Bed & Breakfast, Innkeeper Mike hates plastic bottles. We have always had bottled water for our guests, it's a nice amenity we provided for free, unlike hotels that charge $10.00 for a bottle of water.

We are trying to be as green as possible, so we have always recycled the used bottles. Then, Oregon amended the bottle bill to include water bottles along with the soda bottles and cans it has had for years. So now, you pay a bottle deposit for a water. We think that's a good thing, but we can do better.

Introducing the Craftsman B&B's sturdy and durable 16 oz. stainless steel bottle w/ carabiner. BPA free, environmental and recyclable.

While you stay at the B&B, we will have these bottles filled with filtered water and chilled in the guest 'fridge. Use the bottle while you are here, leave it, we'll clean it and refill it for our next guest. If you like it, you can buy one too. Show all your friends that you have done something good for the planet and how you know to vacation in style, at The Craftsman B&B, in the, still small town of Pacific City, Oregon.

If you can't wait until your next visit, e-mail me at oscar@craftsmanbb.com and for $15.00, I'll ship one to you.

1 comment:

orshadow said...

Man, I'm going to have to get me one of those! I have a similar bottle already, but I'd much rather tool around town with a logo of the Craftsman on my bottle :).