Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, I survived the New Years Eve celebrations.  Mike and Laura went to Twist for the champagne tasting and came back here for a quick dinner.  Yeah, my dinner was 2 hours late, I hate when that happens.  But I ate it in a matter of seconds as usual.  Mike and Laura then left again, was I going to spend the holiday alone?  Our guests came back and I was happy to see them, but not the same as my family.

Then I heard the VW pull up in the driveway, Mike was back.  He got my leash and collar, were we going to go for a late night walk?  No, just a quick ride over to the Inkens.  We watch Carson count down to the new year and Sean sabered some more bottles of champagne.  BTW, he is way better at it then the video in yesterdays blog.  No splurg of champagne on the floor, just the "smoke" of the gas pressure in the bottle.  I watched the kids running around, it tired me out so I hopped up on the couch to get out of the way.

I was really worried that there would be a lot of fireworks.  I hate fireworks.  There were a few, but it wasn't that bad, I thank the rain for that.  The kids did have confetti guns, and they made a pop, I was pretty tired by midnight, so I just played along.  I did get a shot in the face by one of those confetti guns, oh well, we were ringing in the New Year.

Wishing you the best in 2009 and hope to see you here in Pacific City at The Craftsman B&B.

No comments: