Thursday, January 22, 2009

You know your getting old when...

You know you are getting old when your casual conversations are about your health.  Well I just turned 11 and as I am over 90 pounds, that is like 86 human years.  So here is an update on how I've been doing.

As you may know, I tore a ligament in my knee a few weeks ago.  Well, it hasn't healed, so I'm taking Rimadyl again in hopes it will.  Mike and Laura were on vacation a few days after my accident so there was really nothing I was doing around the house, Sean and Chenin came over to feed me and keep me entertained, but I didn't heal like I should have.  I kept a watchful eye on the street and barked and ran out side every time someone walked by.  That is one of my jobs here at The Craftsman B&B.

Now that Mike is back, he is not letting me do much and makes me lay down all the time.  We haven't been for a walk either.  I am still hobbling around and can't put much weight on my leg.  Jumping up on the couch and bed are a challenge, if I don't get a good start at it.

So I'm going to wait another week to see if I get any better.  If I don't, it looks like I'm going to get surgery to repair the problem.

My mom, Pearl, is also on the same drugs I am.  She, of course is much older than I am and had two litters.  Plus living with my dad, Kobe, he's nuts and way too active with the ball fetching, put's a strain on her joints.

Think of me as an active dog with an injury, not an old man getting older.

Wish me luck in my recovery.  I don't like getting knocked out at the vet.

No comments: