Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Photographer Guests

Here at The Craftsman B&B we get a lot of guests with different hobbies.  People visit the coast because it is so scenic, so we get a lot of photographers.  We encourage them to get up early, Cape Kiawanda, Haystack Rock and the Oregon Coast are awesome at sunrise.  They're not to shabby at sunset either, ask Mike for the time of the sunset, he always knows.

Here is a tip for calculating the time of a sunset.  If you hold out your right hand, put your pinkie at the horizon.  When the sun is at the top of your index finger, you have one hour until sunset.

We are always on the lookout for mentions of our B&B on the Internet.  I wrote about it here.  So the other day, I run across this image.  It is a shot of the Sun Deck from the deck in The Prairie Room.  I love it.  This is something I see every time Mike cleans The Prairie Room, I go out on the deck and oversee my domain, by that I mean look, sniff and finally take a nap.  And because I see in black and white this is the view I get.

So don't be shy, we love to see your pictures of The Craftsman B&B, Pacific City, the beach, Cape Kiwanda and forest.  Share them with the world on your own blog or post them to TripAdvisor.com.  You can e-mail me the link or the image and I will make sure my readers see your captures of our little town.

Thanks to James Muirhead for the photo links in this post.

No comments: