Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Biking and Blogging


Here at The Craftsman B&B we get our share of bikers.  Not the rowdy kind, the fit kind.  We do not have a two night minimum most B&B's have.  So bikers going down the Oregon coast, stop for a rest here in Pacific City.

We store their bikes on our secure garage so no worries there.  We have a hot tub, just what they need.  Our Mackintosh Room has a soaking tub, so that is the room they usually book.  We feed them well and send them of with a bag of cookies or brownies for that afternoon snack.

So we a noticing the a lot of the bikers are also blogging on their way.  A group here earlier this year had the wives following in a car.  The laptop stayed in the car during the ride.  I wrote about it here.  Yesterday we had a couple who were riding with their laptop, blogging every day.

You can read the blog here.  I like that they are doing a daily road kill report.  Things you don't notice when driving a car.  Some descriptions are more vague than others depending on the condition as they encounter it.  I also like the plan of the ride.  If they make it to San Francisco and decide to stop they will.  If they get further, great.  If not no big deal.  They are not tied to any dates or places.  Making reservations day to day.  When it is forecasted to be lousy weather for biking, they will do a rest day.  The goal is San Diego, or where ever they decide.

They are doing it casual, just like we like it here.  If I get to go for a walk, great.  If I lounge around the house all day, that's OK.  If the UPS driver comes to annoy me, I survive.  The only thing I need to make sure of is that I eat my dinner at 5:00.  I can hardly wait.

No comments: