Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Biking across the country

Well my plan was to write about my life, to give you the insight of what it's like to be a spoiled innkeepers dog.  Today I've decided to tell you about the guests that stayed last night.

They are nearing the end of a trek.  But yesterday was a milestone event along their journey.  They put their feet in the Pacific Ocean.  They are traveling on the TransAmerica Trail.  You can read the story of the odyssey on their web site, two tired guys.  The wives followed along in the SUV to offer support and discover America on their own tour.

They checked in and after freshening up, gathered in the living room for some wine.  The days pictures were shown in a slide show and the travel blog was updated.  Yes, I made their website, I'm on day 61. They talked to Mike about the days jaunt and the entire expedition.  One guy was on his original tires, the other had only 2 flats for the entire trip. Mike talked to them about the house and where he found items and his ideas of refurbishing the house.

Then I heard a familiar sound, I hear it a lot.  This was confusing, because when I hear this sound, Mike is riding his motorcycle.  It was the sound of a Ducati, and Mike is right next to me.  Who was this other Ducati.  It was the nephew of one of our guests.  He rode down from the Seattle area to help welcome the bikers to the West Coast.

They all went to dinner at the Riverhouse, came back and went straight to bed.  This morning they were up early, had a few coffee's, breakfast and the guys were on their way North to Astoria, the end of the journey. The plan is 2 more days to get to Astoria.  They will ride as far as possible today and stay in Seaside the next 2 nights.  Plenty of time to finish the trip.

No comments: