Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dinner Time


I am the official meeter and greeter of The Craftsman B&B.  I have a schedule I need to keep track of.  I want to make sure I am ready for the guests to arrive.  The best way to keep a sharp mind is to eat at a regular schedule.  This is where it gets a little strange, for you schedule types.

I have my breakfast when ever Mike gets up and scoops it out for me.  I know, it's a bed and breakfast, shouldn't I get something fancy for breakfast?  No, I eat the same thing, twice a day, day after day.  So, as I was saying, Mike may get up at 6:30 or 7:00 when we have guests.  When we don't, it usually is about 8:00.  He's been know to sleep in late, so sometimes it's 11:00.  It really doesn't matter to me, because when Mike sleeps, I sleep.  When Mike gets up, I eat.

But when it comes time for dinner, it's 5:00.  Not 5:05 or 5:18.  I must eat my dinner at 5:00.  I will remind Mike starting at 4:45.  I will go stand by my bowl, this works for water any time of the day.  I will pace back and forth in front of him.  I will stand a foot away and stare at him.  It makes him look at his watch, but doesn't make him move.  I have to resort to begging for dinner, why won't he feed me, I'm hungry.  I raise my paw and tap his leg, feed me!  He says "it's not time."  How do I know it's not time, I don't have a watch. I do have a groan in my belly, it must be time.

Finally, I hear, "do you want your dinner?"  My ears perk up, head cocked to one side.  Mike heads for the pantry, I chase, full speed.  Food in the bowl.  It must finally be 5:00.

By 5:01, it's time for a nap.

No comments: