Monday, July 21, 2008

Dogs Love Trucks

You may have heard this before, dogs love trucks. You may think you know, but take it from me, a dog, I'll tell you what it's all about.  Dogs do love trucks.  If we ride in the bed, we can stick our face into the wind on both sides as we go down the road. We don't like to be limited to the open window. At stop signs and lights, we can roam around and look at all the people in their cars, we always bring a smile to their faces, they know, we love trucks.

Here is a video of me in my truck.

It's the perfect truck for Pacific City.  It starts every time you need it to.  It's a little bit rusty.  It is growing moss on the drivers side, also the North side as it parks.  Mike has had this truck for ever.  Spring of 1998, thats 19 human years and 133 dog years.  The AC is dead so we don't drive to the Willamette Valley from May to November.  The sprayer for the windshield hasn't sprayed in years.  The truck has been washed less than 10 times in it's 19 year life, it's a work truck, you don't wash your wheelbarrow, do you?  It's got a little rust on the roof and that may get fixed this summer, we'll see about that though...

I only get to ride in the back of my truck around town.  If we go more than a few blocks, it sit up front.  I'm a little big for the seat so we don't go more than an hour away.  Mike really likes it.  He can haul sheets of plywood or dry wall with the tail gate up.  How many trucks today can do that?   Here's hoping I can go to the dump soon.

No comments: