Friday, July 25, 2008

Got Surf?


As a spoiled beach dog there are a few things you may not know about me. I live at the beach and one of the many fears I have is water. I do not like to get my feet wet. I do have webbed feet and I am bred to swim during the hunt, but I had a traumatic childhood experience. I went to the Columbia River with my mom, Pearl and my dad, Kobe. They ran down the trail and into the water, I of course, followed them in. But I had never been in the water before, so diving in to a deep spot was not a good idea. I went under and when I came back to the surface my eyes were bugged out and I barley made it back to shore. "Never again," I said.

Walking on the beach I'm bound to come across a puddle in need to cross. I have gotten better at that and can do it now. When the surf is up and noisy on the beach, I won't go near the water. I dig into the sand and a 20 mule team couldn't budge me in the direction of the water.

Now being on top of the water is a totally radical experience. That's why I am looking forward to the Cape Kiwanda Longboard Contest.  It is next weekend, August 1st and 2nd, in Pacific City.  Bryan and Seven Surfboards is running the event.  Nine foot minimum boards.  Hey that's enough for me to ride on too.  Any one out there want to paddle a 100 pound dog in to the surf?
It's not to late... 
For more information please call 503-965-SURF or you may email bryan@sevensurfboards.com.

No comments: