Monday, July 28, 2008

What's that noise?

Every now and then I hear a dull roar.  It gets louder and then it goes away.  People take notice sometimes and sometimes they don't.  In the Summer, around sunset I hear it a lot.  What could that noise be?  Well I figured it out.  Last year we had several guests through out the summer that arrived here with out a car.  If fact, Mike brought them here.  How is that possible?  Then I heard one of them told another guest that they flew an airplane to Pacific City.  Mike picked them up and drove them here.

An airplane.  That's the noise I've been hearing.  Then I discovered one of my favorite spots to "water the grass" is the end of a runway in the center of town.  "In the center of town there is a runway?"  I know, that is right before we cross the street to go to the hardware store.  Who would live a few blocks from an airstrip?  Everyone in Pacific City does.

The strange thing is, you never hear them land.  They coast in.  One time they flew right over our heads at the end of the runway and I didn't even notice.  So, if you have a plane or know someone who does, we'd love to have them stay with us at The Craftsman B&B.  You can fly in and Mike will pick you up at the North end of the airstrip.


No comments: