Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Play Date


Today I had a play date with the girls across the street.  The last time we were together was the block party.  The Carltons were out of town today, Twist, their tasting room is closed on Tuesdays, so Mike was going to let them out during the day to take care of business.  He has learned that they don't always do their business if left in their own yard.  But they will do it out front or over here.  So they came over.  I like to pee everywhere they pee so it works out pretty well for everyone.  We all took care of our systems and Mike picked it all up so we had a clear yard to play, let the games begin.

Sami the black dog is a ridgeback and lab mix.  She has a stripe of hair on her back that goes the opposite way of most dogs.  She also has the whitest teeth I have ever seen.  Maybe it's because she is black, but they are pretty white.  Sami doesn't like to play three way tag and will usually jump on Abbey to get her all to herself.  She is not to into playing with me, but will walk around the yard as we all discover new scents.  She does like to go to the back porch, where we keep the recycling and pull the plastic bottles of of the bag.  Sami gets bored early and will lay by the gate, a clue she wants to go home or at least roam free in the street.  That's her by the front gate of The Craftsman B&B.

Abbey does like to play with me.  We chase each other around the cherry tree.  She puts her front paws up and we give each other high fours.  I have perfected the "spin move" where I turn around real fast and attack.  Abbey seems to like that and she's ready to pounce when we face each other.  Like I said before, this is fun until Sami jumps in to break us up.  Mike keeps a good eye on us and doesn't let us get too rowdy.  When Abbey get bored, she prefers to lay in the sun, like in this picture.

When I get bored, I go lay by the back door.  Mike closes the dog door when the girls are over, just to make sure we don't do anything crazy inside.

Today was a nice day in Pacific City.  There was a slight breeze, as usual, so we played around a bit and all headed to our normal resting spots.  The girls were here for a few hours.

The best play date ever was awhile ago.  Mike and Laura were gone, so Sean came over with the girls to entertain me.  We were all doing our normal thing when all of a sudden, there was a cat in the yard.  I love cats.  I just want to play with them.  Sami and Abbey are house trained by their cat Syrah.  She owns them, they won't walk too close to her and pretty much leave her alone.  Well this visiting cat must of had a death wish.  We all three went nuts when she arrived in the yard.  Barking and all, I got the best of it.  I was able to pin down the cat with my front foot, totally flattening it.  Sean came to the rescue and carried the cat about a block away.  We the darn cat came back, walking along the fence we were loving it.  Then the crazy cat jumped into the yard again.  We chased it up the tree.  That kept us busy for a while, running circles around the tree.  The next few visits, the girls would come in the yard and look in the tree to see of the cat was there.  We found out the cat, Bagby, lives behind me and I keep my eye out for her.

Bagby lives with a young couple.  They walk most places they go around town.  Bagby likes to follow them.  They try to scare her away, but she still follows.

Well the girls have gone home, we mostly all just laid around in the grass today, not a lot of action.  But it was enough action more me, I think I'll go take a nap.

No comments: