Monday, October 20, 2008

Catch up day

Whew!  It's been a few days of no posting, so I'm going to catch you all up on what's been going on here at The Craftsman B&B.

Wednesday I was left alone.  Well, Mike went out in the car, it got dark and it was just me and Laura.  I kept a careful watch of her all night.  I positioned myself between her and the front door at all times.  I was waiting for Mike to return, but he didn't.  So I took his half of the bed and went to sleep.  The next day, still no Mike.  Then guests started checking in.  Where was this guy, he has never been away when guests check in.  Laura showed them to their rooms, I of course did too.  Then finally Mike was back.  Where was he?

Mike started unloading the car.  Looked like a trip to the grocery store and Costco.  Did that need to take an overnight trip?  Why was I left here alone?  Then he brought a box into the shop, followed with another trip for stuff into the shop.  Maybe this is why he was gone so long, stuff for the shop.  Sure enough, he got a new tool.  When I finish this blog, I will watch him set it up and do what ever he does with it.  I hope it's not too noisy.  I like to lay in the shop when Mike is working.  It's warm, there is music playing and if it gets too loud or I get bored, he lets me out to roam the yard.

The Booze for Boobs event was a lot of fun.  I laid behind the couch to stay out of every ones way and to shelter myself from the loud music.  It wasn't heavy metal, just loud.  Another patron brought in her dog too, it was blue too, but it was way bigger than me, a Great Dane.  I kind of felt tiny, for the first time.  We didn't stay long as we had a houseful of guests.

So before I started writing today, I checked my e-mail.  Someone wrote about me in their blog.  You can read about it here.  It wasn't another story about how adorable I am, I get that kind of mushy stuff when I read guest reviews online at tripadvisor.com, bedandbreakfast.com and bnbfinder.com.  This is is a professional blog for innkeepers.  Now, maybe some peers will be exposed to my blog.  Are there any other spoiled innkeepers dogs out there?  I'm sure there are, but have they been taught to type?  Not likely, I hope I am the only one with that skill.

No comments: