Saturday, October 25, 2008

House Joint Resolution 33, Pinochle Debacle

So it's near election time and, as a rule, I do not discuss religion or politics with visitors to my home, The Craftsman Bed & Breakfast.  But Pacific City was in the National spotlight, on The Daily Show.  The story, by Mo Rocca, is about House Joint Resolution 33. It designates Pacific City Pinochle Capital of Oregon.
Watch the video of the story:


Mike will watch The Daily show every so often, so I was surprised he didn't tell me to blog about it before.  I became aware of the story from a blog about the 10 best small town moments.  As small towns go, we love Pacific City, her on the Oregon Coast.  And as most news stories, the reporters and producers are always able to find the odd neighbor to interview.  So I'm glad I can laugh about this story, I just wish my fellow townspeople knew what Pinochle is.  Sounds a lot like Meth from watching this story.

We hope this hasn't discouraged you from visiting our small beach town.  We know we have our share of colorful characters, but our beach and views will distract you, I'm sure.  I you do need something to do, how about a game of Pinochle?

No comments: