Tuesday, August 5, 2008

B&B 101, Chapter 7

Oscar Meier here, this is the last entry and my favorite part of B&B 101. When you arrive, I get to meet you. This is my main job around the B&B, the official meeter and greeter. You may hear me bark a few times, not to worry; I also act as the doorbell. The front door will open and my nose will be sticking out, ready for that first whiff. I’ll back up and let you in. My greeting is more like sniffing you to find out who you are, whom you know and where you have been. Mike will tell you about what he has baked for the day, it’s usually cookies, but brownies, blondies and lemon bars are made too. He’ll tell you about the coffee machine and how he can make you a coffee, espresso, latté, cappuccino, whatever you like. All the while, I’ve been checking out your luggage.

Up to the room you go. I will go up the stairs with you too, just to make sure the room is to your liking. Mike will tell you about the fridge in the landing, how it’s filled with water and soda. You can put whatever you’d like in there too. If your lucky, you may have the chance to look in the other rooms before other guests show up. It’s OK to peek.

Now that you are settled in, make yourself at home. Check out the travel guides about Oregon, the coast and Tillamook County in your room. Feel free to lounge around in the living room. There are books and DVD’s to browse. Sitting out on the sun porch with a glass of wine is a favorite way to spend and afternoon.

Ask Mike about the local restaurants and what you should do or where you should go. He knows a lot about the area. There is a book of menus and attraction brochures in the dinning room. There is a cabinet of board games too. When you come back from dinner and are relaxing in your room or common areas of the house and need anything, be sure to ask.

You'll know you've picked the right B&B if you feel like a treasured guest. We will try to spoil you here, well no more than I am spoiled. The greatest compliment you can give an innkeeper is to refer them to a friend. Online reviews are the latest rave. Mike will follow up a few days after your stay with links to our review pages. If you would like to tell future guests about your stay, we will appreciate it. 


Innkeepers and me, Oscar Meier, are hospitality experts so relax and enjoy your stay at The Craftsman B&B!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute post. :) I'd like to visit Oregon some day...