Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lions, Tigers and What??


Bears!  Humans love to look at bears.  They visit the zoo and watch them for hours.  Bears in the wild are harder to find.  I heard an Alaska saying, that if are walking in the woods, an eagle will see you, a deer will hear you and a bear will smell you.  As a Weimaraner, I have a keen sense of smell too.  I have seen deer in the neighborhood.  I have seen eagles fly over the house, but I haven't seen a bear.  I have heard they are around, guest have seen them on hikes in the area.  I want to tell you about a friend and the bear she encountered.

Deana, a friend we met though our friends the Inkens, has been coming to Pacific City for a long time.  She is married to a great sportsman, Chad.  He hunts and fishes with Derek Inkins all the time.  Deana is usually hanging around the house with the non sportsman types.  A few years ago, Chad and Deana purchased some land just outside of Pacific City.  They plan, one day to build a house.  They are young and also planned to start a family so they are saving their money for their beach house.

Deana and Chad had a baby a few months ago, so the family has been started.  This time of year is bow hunting season and she went off to her land to see what she would find.  Well, she got a bear!  I know if I saw a bear I would turn and run away.  I'm sure I'd be a tasty meal.  Deana stayed put and got the bear.  We were all happy she was able to get a fantastic trophy.  We went over to see it in the Inkens garage.  It was a good size and it's feet were huge.  Deana wasn't there.

So being a new mother, shooting a bear with an arrow, she decided she needed some time with the girls.  The next day, Deana, Jannel and the girls went to Lincoln City to get their nails done.

So if you feel like you would like to find a bear or better yet, just want to be pampered, come visit me at The Craftsman B&B, I am an expert on getting pampered, I am after all, a spoiled innkeepers dog.

p.s. I have never heard of any bad behavior bears or bear attacks in Tillamook County.  I have heard about shark attacks, but that's another blog for later.

No comments: