Saturday, August 9, 2008

Yeah, It's Summer

Last night we had a bit of rain come through Pacific City.  Nothing major, we call it Oregon Mist, it lasted a while and a few drops of rain.  This morning I'm out sniffing my normal spots and I see a sure sign of summer.

Now, the growing season is difficult here at The Craftsman B&B.  It just doesn't get hot enough for warm crops like tomatoes.  I saw a bud on a dahlia bush.  Now the roses have been around a while, big deal.  The Rosa Rugosas even have hips forming, the birds love them.  Cherries are turning red on the tree.

When I lived in Lake Oswego, Oregon, we had a bunch of roses and dahlias.  All sorts of plants.  Living on the coast has limited me in the plants I see.  One thing for sure, all the plants in my yard smell like me.  Just the way I like it.

No comments: