Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sunday is Syrah day 2

It's Sunday and I have some more news on my favorite neighborhood cat, Syrah.  I have been keeping my eye on her as much as I can.  She is still hanging out in the driveway, stalking the bush.  Now she has 3 1/2 confirmed catches.  How can she have 1/2 catch?  I'll, tell you.  Yesterday our neighbor called Mike and asked him to let the girls out and feed them dinner.  Mike went over and he also let Syrah out the front door.  The girls did their thing and ate dinner.  When Mike was coming home, Syrah was running down the driveway with a hummingbird in her mouth.  Mike made her stop and spit it out.  He held on to Syrah until the hummer could escape.  That's a 1/2 catch.

OK, we like Syrah and we like birds, I know, I'm a B&B dog, not a hunter, but the simple poaching has got to stop.  I have this traveling crate.  It folds up and when we are camping, I can hang out in side.  Mike has used it to keep me out of the way, like when the garage was being sided, when he built the gate, you know, to keep me safe.  So Mike put the gate in front of the bush today.  Hopefully it will keep the hummingbirds safe from my favorite neighborhood cat.

No comments: