Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Carbon Fund

A few days ago I talked about being green and that our VW was part of the big picture.  Here is a link if you would like to learn more about the VW Forrest.  Offsetting carbon emissions by funding the re-forestation of the Lower Mississippi Alluvial Valley.

Carbon Credits are now the largest segment of the Cleantech Industries.  This is over solar and wind power.

We had a guest stay with us a while back who was part of CarbonFund.org.  He was visiting the Oregon Coast and talking to people who are members.  Our friends and neighbors who own a winery were on his list to visit.  They referred him to us, The Craftsman B&B, right across the street.
So here is a photo of our VW on the beach.  You say, "that's not very green, driving on the beach."  Many years ago, the beaches in Oregon were protected for public use by Oswald West, then governor of Oregon.  Driving on them is one of those uses.  Getting out to the secret beaches, miles from most people on the beach lets me do the crazy dog things without disturbing other people. 

Do you want to know where the secret beach in this photo is?  Come visit me.  Part of my job of meeter and greeter is to help you find interesting and fun things to do during your stay.  Don't ask me when I'm on a walk, I reserve my tips for the guests.

Oh, and if you want to see what you carbon footprint is, click here.


No comments: