Thursday, August 7, 2008

Staycation

Lets talk about some made up words.  Staycation is one of those words.  I know only a few words; sit, down and over.  I am more of a phrase dog: Do you want to go for a ride?  Are you ready for dinner?  Let's do it.  Anyway, I digress.

I thought a staycation was to stay at home when you had time off from work.  But the travel industry, which I am a part of, is using the word for a vacation spot within one tank of gas.  Well, that really made my ears perk up.  Most of our guests are within one tank of gas.  They come from the Portland area and Salem, Bend, you get the idea.  So if we are already a tank of gas distance away, why haven't you come to visit me?

As previous blog entries have mentioned, life here at The Craftsman B&B is pretty good.

Another thing I've noticed is back to school ads on TV.  Yeah, I watch reality TV, it's the thing to do in the Summer.  So during a break on this dog show I watch, I saw ads for back to school.  Let me tell you a little something about that.  It's still the first week in August, that's Summer!  We don't want to hear about school.

OK, back on message.  As the official greeter, I beg, yeah I know, I'm not supposed to beg, I ask you to come to Pacific City, stay here and enjoy your Summer.  Escape the heat of, yes, Summer.  I tell you it's still Summer, although I did see a nice backpack in one of those ads, may be the perfect gear for another hike....
 

No comments: